Madelaine Golec is a practicing physiotherapist specializing in pelvic health in women. Her passion has become educating women on the proper way to prevent and restore pelvic issues that arise typically from pregnancy but can occur for a variety of reasons. She coaches her clients through these issues with customized programs so they never have to worry about embarrassing issues occurring during the day or even during intense exercise classes.
Today we covered…
- All about kegels and how they are not for everyone. It could actually make things worse in certain individuals
- Overcoming avoidance behaviours because of feelings of shame and guilt with pelvic issues
- Why getting to know your own body is such a huge part of her teachings
- The most common thing post-partum women wish they knew earlier!
- Exercises to coordinate your breathing, diaphragm and pelvic floor
- How strengthening your pelvic region can help you get back to worry-free exercise (even jumping!)
Here’s How To Subscribe & Leave A Review (thank you so much!):
Want to get notified when I release new episodes so you never miss out? Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes.
It would mean the world to me if you’d leave a rating and review. I’d love to know what you think of the podcast and how I can make it better for you. Plus iTunes tells me that podcast reviews are really important and the more reviews the podcast has the easier it will be to get the podcast in front of more people, which is the ultimate goal. It would mean the world to me if you’d leave a review right here.
Let’s Keep The Conversation Going…
I’d love to hear your vision for your business and life — remember there’s no right or wrong vision. Declare and share your vision (and the timeframe) in the comments below. Let’s make it real, shall we!